I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow night! The parenting talk was great last Tuesday--though I did feel a bit young. All the other parents were kids during the Leave it to Beaver years and skipped the rampent divorce of those of us born in the 70's!! Will I EVER be as old or older than other parents!? GEESH! (I guess my time will come when Blaise is a teen right?)
So--meeting tomorrow night, and for anyone interested, I'm doing another art trading card party--though we don't trade the cards cause the kids want to hang onto them--with a New Orleans/Mardi Gras theme--and I will be serving Gumbo with fresh Maine shrimp!! Come one come all. 1 pm-4pm.
I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting both Teusdays. Its nice to share and hear your stories in such a safe and open environment. I really appreciate it. I am getting to know you all better as we get together and I think you ladies are the cats meow. You have all helped and inspired me tremendously. Thank you for that. Its also nice to hear that difficulties with our children in the homeschool environment are to be expected (and worked through as graciously and humbly as possible......which I haven't achieved ....yet). Tomorrow is a new day.....
ReplyDeleteAlison, would love to come to the party but will pass. My parents, a sister and two of her kids have been here for 4 days and just left today. My nephew threw up before he left and now my sister is ill. I think I better hole up for a few days....and I'm allergic to shrimp. There's a funny story there involving black tie fancy wedding in the south of England at a 12th century estate. Obviously I didn't die but there was a some shimp...
ReplyDeleteOh Stacy! I'm so sorry you were exposed again!!! I have other friends who are headed into round two of the stomach bug---ACK!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll miss you on Friday, and still have your plastic bag of art supplies on my fridge! Can't wait to hear the whole story of shrimp allergies at posh events!!
Janine--I'm glad I have not scared you away!! I hope I don't come off as too negative. You are right in calling it a safe and open environment! Just like how our kids feel safe in showing their worst behavior to Mom, I think maybe I feel safe is verbalizing my biggest frustrations. But when all is said and done I would not choose anything but homeschooling!!! Thank you for your presence--you have blesssed the group greatly! Can't wait till MAthletics!!