Hi everybody,
Digby is currently casting a crucified Christ sculpted by a famous artist whose work is in Brazil and the US. If there is any interest we might be able to set it up so you can come to observe the patina (where they apply the color using chemicals and heat) and meet the artist.
It would be a shot gun last minute thing in about two weeks as we wont know when the artist will be back until a day or two before the patina.
Pablo, the artist, is Brazilian and a devout Catholic and takes particular pride and care in his Christ pieces and it shows. His work is incredible.
If you google Kevin White sculpture which is in Boston, you'll get an idea of his work. Digby cast that piece too.
I'll keep you posted.
WOW Stacy, keep us posted!!!
ReplyDeleteMy art studying teen and I are VERY interested! Can I invite another homeschooling Mom, maybe without her kids(they are 7 and 3)? She's not Catholic, but is a professional artist and would love to see Digby's set-up and maybe will be converted by the image of Christ!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to come, but I will pass since more interested older kids are a better audiemce than mine at their age right now, but thank you. Make sure he goes to Bowdoin art museum to see the medieval devotional alabaster carvings.
ReplyDeleteYes. INterested! Let us know time and date as you find out. Thanks!
ReplyDelete