Hi Ladies,
I have a talented friend from daily Mass who has a craft prepared for us. She has rough carved small crosses and corpuses, with loin clothes and head signs, that the kids can finish with simple sanding and coloring.
She is willing to meet with us to instruct us and the kids as to how to do this project. I thought the week before Holy Week would be timely.
So, how about y'all come over April 15th at 11:00 to my place (if too many of us rsvp we will try to use St.Charles instead) you can bring your favorite coloring medium - water color paint, pencils, markers, etc. Also, if you have any wood glue we can share bring that too. Even the young kids can make their own crucifixes with parental help and guidance.
We can also bring simple foods to have a Lenten Friday lunch and then I can still take off at 2 :15 to do my afternoon routine and y'all can linger as you'd like. (Don't cha' love my hospitality?!)
She is offering this freely but I would like to suggest we each offer $2/ cross to supply funds for her to replenish the supplies she has used to prepare this for us to do.
PLEASE RSVP ASAP Thanks!
Absolutely, we will all be there with 3 kids making the crosses. What a wonderful thing to be able to do. Thanks, Val!
ReplyDeleteCount the Nelsons in with complications, of course!
ReplyDeleteCan I be a maybe? I will look at my calendar. . . .
ReplyDeleteWould love to make it. It saddens me greatly that we will not be able to take part in this great craft idea. I am teaching at the school from 8 to 11:30 am then I have to go pick them up at 2pm and I bring them to the Stations of the Cross. :( Does anyone know if Kristen is going?
ReplyDelete