Hi everyone,
I just want to confirm that we're on for February Fourth 1pm until whenever you feel like it. I have plenty of scissors, tissue paper, construction paper, glue, glue sticks, markers, pencils, and glitter so we're in good shape for supplies.
I contacted the Plant Home and they would LOVE valentine's for their residents which we can deliver Thursday 11th 1pm. If there is not a lot of interest in delivering them as group, I will drop them off myself but they rarely get to see children and would love to have them pass them out. Val had mentioned a song???? I can't think of any for the occasion but if any of you can, bring your ideas and the kids can practice.
So far we've got a healthy snack platter coming, I have plenty of candy, cocoa, marshmellows and of course popcorn. Bring something if you like but no biggie if you don't feel like it. SLEDS, SLEDS, SLEDS! and cross country skiis if any of the moms are feeling up for it.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
s
How bout "Love is something if you give it away . . . you end up having more." You know--the magic penny song? Maybe the little ones could do hand motions, or sign language with it? We could practice it seperately, and next week--or is that too hokey?
ReplyDeleteThat sounds wonderful but I don't know it. Teach it to us! I'm sure we can come up with a handful of simple songs that the kids can do.
ReplyDeleteLove your idea Allie....never too hokey, but need to learn it as well. My kids always need something new to memorize. (or so I think) Thanks Stacey for setiing that up.....what a great idea to do this with the seniors.
ReplyDeleteOK I'm good with that. I may even know that song.
ReplyDeleteAl, send us the lyrics and we can practice at home and then together at Stacy's.
I wonder if you call the Plant home and ask them if there is a song older folks typically associate with St. Valentine's Day...
Or we could try they will know we are Christians by our love~ folksy older song or Jesus loves me, or Jesus loves the little Children???
So full of ideas and no decisions, Val
Love is something if you give it away, you give it away, you give it away,
ReplyDeleteYes, Love is something if you give it away, you end up having more.
It's just like a magic penny, hold it tight and you don't have any.
Lend it spend it,
give it away, you end up having more.
[repeat first verse]
Oh I like that! Maybe I can get a bag of candy money and we can have the kids give out candy pennies too AW! How cute!
ReplyDeleteHey, everyone, according to Currclick Newsletter, February 11th is visit nursing home folk day! And we know just how to celebrate. These folks will be so touched. This is a great idea Stacy. See you all Friday!
ReplyDelete