I'm in favor of dropping the liturgical gathering piece at the spelling bee and having our last liturgical gathering be the Ascension picnic party. Its the Ascension, it's a gathering, AND it's a party. I'm good with it. But then again, I won't NOT participate if we do the project on the spelling bee anyway.
Well--we need Lisa in on the conversation--but I'd be happy to add a Mary crowing and craft to my cookout on the 20th--just so we don't skip Our Lady alltogether (I may do that regardless just to be a bit Catholic for all my secular friends). But I think Stacy's instincts are right--it would be a bit crazy to have them focus on the spelling bee, then on a craft. Or we could do the gathering on Wednesday--giving 2 days between events. Or we could all just stop sleeping and cooking/cleaning and do everything around the clock! AHHHHH! Can you tell I have a hard time setting realistic limits. Heaven will be so nice--I'll get to DO IT ALL, right?
I'm in favor of dropping the liturgical gathering piece at the spelling bee and having our last liturgical gathering be the Ascension picnic party. Its the Ascension, it's a gathering, AND it's a party. I'm good with it. But then again, I won't NOT participate if we do the project on the spelling bee anyway.
ReplyDeleteWell--we need Lisa in on the conversation--but I'd be happy to add a Mary crowing and craft to my cookout on the 20th--just so we don't skip Our Lady alltogether (I may do that regardless just to be a bit Catholic for all my secular friends). But I think Stacy's instincts are right--it would be a bit crazy to have them focus on the spelling bee, then on a craft. Or we could do the gathering on Wednesday--giving 2 days between events. Or we could all just stop sleeping and cooking/cleaning and do everything around the clock! AHHHHH! Can you tell I have a hard time setting realistic limits. Heaven will be so nice--I'll get to DO IT ALL, right?
ReplyDelete