Ladies,
I'd like to get a feel for how many will be able to make it to the party. I have some banquet tables I could bring over from the barn to set up in the kitchen to make the valentine making easier and more organized if we have that many kids.
I was thinking the kids could make valentines to keep for themselves and give to whomever, AND/OR we could have the kids make some for residents at a local assisted living facility (Plant Home) or to be delivered to members of our parish who can't get out; they could be delivered when receiving the Eucharist from our EM. I'd have to check with the office on that one. Just an idea.
I will have basic art supplies like glue, markers, colored pencils, construction paper, doilies etc. and whatever else I can scrounge up. I'd bring scissors but that's about it. I confess, I am the most UNartistic person out there (who happen's to married to an artist....) so bring anything else you want or guide my efforts.
Maybe we could all bring a goodie to share and of course I'll whip out some cocoa. God willing there will be lots of snow on the ground so bring sleds and snow gear and we can go sledding on the BIG hill, which, I have to admit, is a lot of fun. Even Helen likes it!
See you soon!
Stacy
We will be there--with MC too if possible (depends on highschool schedule that day. . .) I think we may have to have an un-artistic contest! BTW I have your plastic sack of art supplies from the last art party!
ReplyDeleteStacy, I love the idea of making cards for the Plant home or another facility! Maybe we could all caravan over and drop them off and sing a simple song or something. (Like St.Valentine Caroling.)
ReplyDeleteI plan to be there with my 2 sons Luke and Josh (7 & 10yrs) We will bring a goodie and sleds.
Do you want us to bring scissors, paper, etc too?
Thanks for doing this!
Val
Hi Stacy,
ReplyDeletePlan on 4 or five Nelsons. I'll bring a goodie to share and materials to make Valentines also glue sticks etc. and sleds. I like the idea of making them for shut-ins. Thanks for opening up your home BWAAHAAHAHAA! Actually it shouldn't be THAT crazy!
Lisa
Val! I'm so glad you guys are coming too, you too Alison. I've got some scissors with the special edges that cut patterns. I guess I wouldn't bother bringing anything unless you want to. I'll precut some things etc. so people can get to glueing right away. IS there a Valentine caroling song??????? I can find out about a caravan to the Plant home. My good friend is the Director of Nursing their so I think that will work out. I'll find out.
ReplyDelete