Friday, January 21, 2011

Another Field Trip idea- not organized as a group.

Any one ever attend one of these Damariscotta River Association's Field Naturalists programs? I am going to try one. If anyone else is interestred call 563-1393.

Wild Encounters: A regular program for Homeschool Families and Groups – Join us from 10:00 am–12:00 noon the second Monday of each month. For ages 5 and up (younger may come) RSVP 563-1393. Fee: $3.00/child
  • February 14 – Love those Rodents: Learn all about these amazing mammals and their adaptations.
  • March 8 – Tapping Trees: Tap trees, learn how the inner tree functions and sample sap!
  • April 12 – Staying Found and Orienteering: Learn to read a compass and make your own course.
  • May 9 – All About Alewives: Learn about these amazing fish and their annual migration to spawn in Damariscotta Lake.
    ** Special location: Meet at the bottom of the Fish Ladder at Damariscotta Mills
  • June 13 – Avian Adventure: View bird artifacts, learn to use binoculars (provided) and go on a bird watching adventure.

5 comments:

  1. The kids and I went to one last fall, and it was very well done......it was about the native americans and their way of life in Maine before discovery.
    Thanks for the post......I think we will try a few of these as well....they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val,

    We'll be making a couple of these too. Definitely orienteering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try to hit as many of these as possible--orienteering a must!
    See y'all Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also going to sign up for these. Especially the orienteering although I wouldn't mind if my kids could get lost, just for a little while anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, recheck dates posted to the 2nd Monday/month.
    Feb 14, March 14, April 11, May 9, June 13...I had copied them out of the newspaper, sorry they were inaccurate. And make sure you call to make a reservation. V

    ReplyDelete