The PMA education coordinator, who is new, called me back yesterday. She was unsure about whether the free Friday nights were monthly or every week, so I'll call her back on Monday and she'll have more information. Also, it sounded like we could get a free tour during the day too, but my days are so full, I like the idea of an evening field trip with some pizza slices involved. Janine said she knows a good p. joint nearby the museum. It's free from 5-9.
If we do the day, she said that the least crowded times were 9 or 11:15, as the 10:15 time is really crowded. These tours are time ticketed, meaning we'll have 20 minutes in the main exhibit (Winslow Homer) and then we move along to other exhibits for the remaining time, choices being other Maine artists, European artists or tour the McClellan House (old Portland home, reflecting life in Portland), which she'll inform me more about (i.e,. time period and genre, i.e., maritime, etc.) when we speak on Monday.
She said that there would need to be at least one chaperone / 10 kids, which obviously would not be a problem for us, but if someone wanted to stay back, I could take two extras in my car and give one of you a break, which you've done for me so many times.
If it's one Friday / month (first one), I propose November, but am flexible. I'll reblog about this after my follow-up conversation on Monday, and then, please comment so I can arrange it. Thanks much!
Caroline
The Nelsons are in for November! Yay for the arts!
ReplyDeleteWe'll do evening or day either one..Thanks for doing this Caroline!
ReplyDeleteMacDonalds are in day or night. Sounds fun.
ReplyDelete