Thursday, August 23, 2012

Notes from Meeting

Feast Days and other gatherings:
 Sunday, Oct. 21: St. Kateri's canonization. Possibly meet at MacDonald's to watch on EWTN with a potlock

Thursday, Nov. 1 All Saints' Day: Mass at St. John's at 12:15 followed by potlock at Stacy's with our kids dressed as saints and ready to explain abou their saintg

 Sunday, Dec. 2: Advent party at Eddyblouin's, celebrating Feast of St. Nicholas (Allison, we just worked off previous year's patterns. Is this okay?) Totally fine with me!  I was planning that day anyway--do you want us to celebrate St, Nicholas at our party?  That may be too much....with the play, the singing, and the wreth lighting...
Saturday, Dec. 8: Feast of Immaculate Conception (no gathering) and weekend of Still River retreat.

Sunday, Feb. 3: Feast of St. Blaise. I think Lisa or Stacy will investigate whether we can have a Mass with blessing of throat.

Sunday, March 17: Feast of St. Patrick at O'Brien's

Sunday, March 31: Easter

Thursday, May 9: Feast of the Ascension. Mass and picnic at Cook's Corner playground Sunday,

May 19: Pentecost (and John and Allison's 18th anniversary!)

Did not determine dates of spelling bee or end-of-year presentation at St. Patrick's.

 Lisa, would you also put in link for spelling words?

 Field trips and contact person:
Tidepool Janine Bowdoin Museum of Art Janine
Wiscasset Jail Janine
Courthouse Caroline
Portland Museum of Art Caroline
Water Tx Plant Caroline
Harpswell Transfer Station Christy
Rockland Transportation ?
Osher Map Museum Lisa?

Stacy, would you be willing to organize another state house fieldtrip? We were hoping to have kids sit in on a legislative session and have them page. Then, we could go to the Maine State Museum. I could organize this part, i.e., plan a scavenger hunt through the musuem.

Discussed possibility of planning 1-2 field trips on a Saturday and, if Stacy's kids would come with me, we could give her a break and likewise with Allison.

All Saints' Soccer Stacy is organizing and will email when underway. I will call FM principal to inquire about practicing there.
Mondays from 3-4 was discussed. Little Flowers / Blue Knights Left in middle of Little Flowers and Blue Knights Discussion. Janine is willing to host Little Flowers, but we all need to share in leading the lessons / activities. I'm sure I missed something, so feel free to flesh these notes out before posting. Thank you, all!! Love, Caroline p.s. don't have Gina's email. Would someone send to her?

1 comment:

  1. Looks Great! Thalia would really like to help with Little Flowers--but her school day goes till 2:30--so we wouldn't get there till 4-ish I think--or maybe a bit earlier.

    I will look into Blue Knight--promise! I'm just a bit slow and distracted right now!
    XXXOOO A

    ReplyDelete