Clearly I'm on a roll....
I just set up a guided tour MARCH 16th 10-11am at the State House where our friendly guide, Dan, will lead us through the building, talk about the history of the building, and explain how our state legislation works. If they are in session, we will be invited to observe, if not and if the chambers are empty, we will be invited in to see the chambers.
I'm also requesting a visit from Governor Lepage. We'll see. I just want the kids to know that there are REAL people making things happen in our government and that THEY are a part of that process.
I forgot to ask if there is a fee, but I'm guessing not, and if so I shouldn't think it's much.
We might consider the museum that day too but that might be a bit much. At any rate, I would like to set up a group for the museum as well. If there isn't much interest then the VCs will do that on our own.
I do need to get back to the State House for final tour numbers and then we will receive a packet etc., etc., if no wants in no worries, we VCs will go anyway!
See you all tomorrow!
We're in. Stacy you are officially Julie from the love boat.....remember......the cheerful activities director.......please dont tell me I am the only one who remembers that show.
ReplyDeleteLove Boat and Fantasy Island and then there was always Wonder Woman-I LOVED that invisable jet! I actually have two autographed glossies of Linda Carter and Wonder Woman.
ReplyDeleteI'm in for that one too--did you request the Gov as a homeschooling goup? We may have a chance...
ReplyDeleteI would stay up late when mom was at the pub (love having a stressed single Mom--lots of free TV time!!0 to watch the Love Boat and Fantasy Island--I know all the lyrics to Love Boat!! I think I thought the plane was cheesy--so fake! But I did LOVE linda Carter!! We should have a girls night and watch old episodes....
That plane was NOT cheesey! It was so darn cool. And how about when she went back to her home island????
ReplyDeleteI'm going to bring my autographed pics to the next meeting. I will fill out our paper work as a homeschool group because I'm hoping that will entice him to come and meet with us. I know he's big on homeschoolers.
Sounds like a great trip. Count me and my kiddos in!
ReplyDeleteZoe and I are in for this trip. Also love the Love Boat! And Dallas.
ReplyDelete